Freaks of Science and Nature: 500 Pound Piranha Discovered In Abandoned Disney Water Park

Piranha-500 Lb-FNT-SmallORLANDO – Ichthyologists from seventeen countries converged on an abandoned water park in Bay Lake, Florida on Wednesday, after a local resident, Anson Shelbart, reported that he had “..nearly lost an arm..” while trying to retrieve his bicycle that had accidently tumbled off a nature trail into the lagoon. He had been attacked, he said, by a very large fish; in his words: “…a huge SOB, with a mouth full of teeth like razor blades!”

Mister Shelbart, who works part time as a zucchini trainer at a nearby market garden, had the presence of mind to snap a photo of the attacker with his smartphone and post it to the Internet. Within minutes, a fish nerd from Philadelphia claimed that it was a red-bellied piranha, “…easily identifiable by its colouration, powerful jaw muscles and serrated teeth.”

The photograph however showed the fish in the Florida lagoon to be longer than the photographer’s bicycle, which was clearly visible in the background. An Ichthyologist in Brazil, who specializes in the species, called the Florida photo: “…a hoax of gargantuan proportion…” as piranhas are typically less than twelve inches in length.

This professional challenge raised an Internet firestorm of controversy, responsible for bringing the seventeen Ichthyology specialists to Bay Lake.

The fish, which weighed out at 503 pounds, was dragged from the lagoon with a grappling hook borrowed from Mister Shelbart’s zucchini-training academy. It was ultimately pronounced a “freak of nature” by the assembled men of science after they could not come to a consensus as to its exact species.

They did all agree however that it was “excellent” when deep-fried in beer batter and served up with cider vinegar and potato chips.

The Bay Lake water park, which was designed around a wilderness theme with an artificial rustic “swimming hole”, was once owned by Disney. It was abandoned in 2001 after several tourists and a cow went missing in mysterious circumstances.

Reached just before press time, a spokesperson for the Disney Corporation first declined to comment, and then abruptly hung up the telephone. Source: FNT Staff

Photo credit: Original images at: ThoughtCo, Theme Park Tourist

Ontario Bans Performances of The Nutcracker Ballet Following Nut Allergy Complaint

The Nutcracker-FNT-Small.pngTORONTO – The Sugar Plum Fairy has had her wings clipped and her ballet slippers taken away by the Grinch who stole a Christmas tradition. Fans of The Nutcracker will not be able to see it anywhere in Ontario this season due to the heavy hand of the state.

In a bizarre rendition of the movie Footloose, legislators snapped into predictable action in a spectacularly progressive move, even for them, and banned all performances of the iconic ballet in the province, because a ticket holder in a Toronto theatre complained of a nut allergy.

The ban followed the spread of anxiety that escalated to a crisis, when the ticket holder, whose name is not being released for her own safety, looked at her stub in the middle of a performance and shrieked: ”Oh, my God! This isn’t Swan Lake! And I am allergic to nuts!”

The theatre was immediately evacuated and despite the panic there were no serious injuries except for the giant Fabergé egg replica, which came to grief when it was tossed out a second floor window and landed on the concrete sidewalk near the stage door.

A woman also fainted when someone said they had seen a stray peanut fifty feet away under a theatre seat. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance as a precaution, but it turned out to be low blood pressure because she had skipped dinner to see the ballet.

The nutphobia ban remains in place until further notice or until The Nutcracker is rebranded with a name change and its history scrubbed from the records.

Shirley Davidson, a bystander waiting to buy a ticket who was rudely shooed away from the window after it closed, spoke to FauxNews Today about the ban.  She said that although the government restriction was “typically Canadian” she felt that Ontario had been a little overzealous in its approach, not to mention behind the times.

“I don’t get it,” she said. “I mean, nut allergies were so 2009.”  Source: FNT Staff

Photo credit: Original images at: National ballet of Canada , Pinterest